ANATOLIKI sa – Development Agency was set up as Societe Anonyme, according to article 274 paragraph 1b of the presidential decree 323/89, to act as a Center for the Development of Human Resource and the Strengthening of the Local Economy in the wider area of Eastern Thessaloniki.
Anatoliki sa establishment in May 1995 was a result of the region’s characteristics and rate of growth, such as the dynamic coexistence of all the sectors of the economy, rapid land use and land value changes, residential pressure and the concentration of service activities of the urban area of Thessaloniki. The region consists of more than 250.000 inhabitants in residential complexes with a variety of features, from dynamic parts of urban area to disadvantaged remote mountain villages.
The Local Authorities of the peripheral units of Thessaloniki and Chalkidiki have decided to implement a strategic plan with the goal to transform the region into a green zone, in respect to other similar international initiatives.
ANATOLIKI sa is a tool for a more rapid and comprehensive approach towards this goal.
Our basic operating policy is the combination of parallel interventions in all sectors of society and the incorporation of elements of integrated development to all individual actions by utilizing our participation in co-funded by EU programmes projects.
We have particularly contributed to promoting recycling in the Municipalities of Eastern Thessaloniki and the Municipality of Thessaloniki, addressing employment issues, promoting renewable energy sources and energy efficiency, the management of mobility, the management of water resources, the functioning of social structures, the operational planning of LAs and supporting the operation of the European Network of Elected Greeks in Local Authorities Abroad.
Our experienced and highly trained human resource is an important capital towards achieving the above objectives.
ANATOLIKI s.a. operates in the following axes:
- Human resources
- Environment and infrastructures
- Sustainable mobility
- Environmental education
- Consulting support on school communities
- Social economy
- Agricultural development
- Promotion of innovation and new technologies
- Supporting enterprises
During our operations we particularly emphasize on the following:
- the sustainable management of natural resources by means of a balanced development in all sectors of the economy
- strengthening the endogenous growth potential, particularly human resources
- ensuring quality of life through the promotion of infrastructure works, the changing of consumption patterns, and the support of information dissemination and cultural development
- sharing expertise and introducing innovation in the production process and in civic administration and service systems
- promoting cooperation between public, private and social sectors to achieve common development goals.
The result of the above was the selection of ANATOLIKI s.a. by the Greek Ministry of Environment and infrastructures as the Greek proposal for the initiative ‘101 ways towards Sustainable Development’ during the United Nations Johannesburg Summit 2002
PARTICIPATIONINCOMPANIES & NETWORKS:
"P.E.T.A.", Information – Training –Local Development
‘‘ERGANI", Centre for the support offemale entrepreneurship
‘’HELADA", Greek Association of Development Agencies
Regional Energy Centre Network
Pan-Hellenic network of social supporting services centers
Hellenic Solid Waste Management Association